Oklahoma Summary Probate
- Requirements for Oklahoma Summary Probate
- The value of the estate is less than or equal to $200,000.00;
- The Decedent has been deceased for more than 5 years; or
- The Decedent resided in another jurisdiction at the time of death.
- Quicker Probate Process
- Oklahoma law requires at least 45 days before Final Hearing
- Possible to be completely finished within two months
- We generally Summary Probate takes between 50 to 90 days
For the right situation this can be a much quicker process. Recent changes in the law now require the Combined Notice to be filed on the same day as the Petition for Probate. The Combined Notice must be mailed and published within 10 days of filing the Petition for Probate. The Combined Notice must include the name, address and date of death of your family member; the name of the Petitioner; whether or not a Will exists; the name and address of the personal representative; the names and addresses of heirs; the total value of all assets; and the date, time and location of the final hearing.
Objections can be made at any time before the final hearing. In addition, creditor claims must now be made within 30 days of the date the Petition was filed.
While these recent changes tighten up the schedule, they also provide for a much quicker probate process. No one enjoys going through this process, but the folks at the Cortes Law Firm can help guide you from start to finish. Call us today at 405-213-0856